JOB VACANCY – PROGRAMMES MANAGER
Anglican Development Services of Mt Kenya East is the Development Arm of the Anglican Church of Kenya serving communities in Marsabit, Isiolo, Meru, Tharaka Nithi, Embu and Kirinyaga Counties, through ACK Dioceses of Marsabit, Meru, Embu, Mbeere and Kirinyaga. The organisation’s vision is a society that enjoys a wholesome and dignified living its mission is to empower the poor, marginalized and the less endowed in the region to realize their potential in a holistic and sustainable way. ADSMKE has been working in Mt Kenya East region since 1979 and was registered in 1982. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being and empowering the poor and vulnerable people in five priority sectors: health/reproductive health and nutrition, food and livelihood security, water and sanitation and environmental conservation. While pursuing our Vision and mission, ADMKE staff always put God first as they undertake their work, upholds Transparency, accountability and respect for all. They also depict good stewardship, team spirit and use resources to empower those whom they serve. We are committed to ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us.
This position will be based in the Head Office, Kerugoya, Kirinyaga County. The main purpose of the job is to support the Executive Director’s office to lead, develop and manage the program teams to achieve the aspirations of ADSMKE through Programme Development, effective co-ordination, consolidation, technical support and guidance by ensuring cohesive team spirit and motivation to perform. The person in this position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Work with and support executive Director in Programs Planning, Management and Implementation
- Collaborate with the Programme/Station Co-ordinators to respond to potential funding opportunities within the Counties and internationally through development of quality proposals.
- Ensure close monitoring of the programs/projects’ work in the field to ensure alignment and contribution to ADSMKE strategy, monitor flow of information and systemic documentation of quantitative and qualitative achievements in the field and lessons learned thereof.
- Ensure quality and timely submission of quarterly and annual or required Programme and Project Performance Reports as per desired standards and guidelines.
- Develop, monitor, review and update the Programme department activities, work plans to ensure that they attain the objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Assigns performance objectives to supervised staff, conducts comprehensive performance appraisal of supervised staff and provides/obtains feedback when necessary
- Participate in the review and update of ADSMKE policies and procedures as a member of Senior Management team.
Person Specification Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, agriculture, development studies or any other related degree.
- A Post-Graduate qualification in development, project management, Monitoring and evaluation or related areas would be an added advantage.
Essential Experience, skills and abilities
- A Minimum of 7 years’ relevant work experience, 3 years of which should be at a senior management position in a reputable organization, preferably in the NGO sector.
- In-depth understanding of Human Rights Based Approach to Development and programming issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting gender equality within the organization and in program work.
- Excellent understanding of development partnerships, fund-raising, donor strategies, governmental relations.
- Strong knowledge of M&E methodology, quality assurance Essential Skills and data quality management.
- Excellent written and oral communication in Swahili and English.
He/she should be able to:-
- Work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task.
- Work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- A self-starter who is creative, diplomatic, mature and decisive.
How to apply:-
Those fulfilling the requirements for the position are required to submit their applications together with their cell phone numbers, detailed CVs, 3 Referees one of whom should be his/her Pastor and all relevant attachments via Mail/Email before close of business on 5th July 2021 to the following address:
The Executive Director,
Anglican Development Services of Mt Kenya East (ADSMKE),
P.O Box 290-10300,
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACK St Thomas Cathedral Compound (Opposite Co-op Bank Kerugoya Branch)
Current ADSMKE Staff are encouraged to apply
ADSMKE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER